United States Senator Kirsten Gillibrand Accused of Filing False Tax Return

September 14, 2012 at 4:09 pm (2010, False Returns, Kirsten Gillibrand, New York, NY-20, Sears Holding, Tax Returns, Wendy Long)

Citing what they call an “impossible transaction” the campaign team for Wendy Long sent out a press release today accusing United States Senator Kirsten Gillibrand of filing a false tax return in 2010.

Here is a copy of the press release:

A cursory review of Senator Kirsten Gillibrand’s taxes indicates a transaction that was impossible.  But the New York Times refused to even examine the issue.
U.S. Senate candidate Wendy Long said, “Two things stand out here: we have a tax code that even a U.S. Senator can’t get right and a liberal media goliath that is playing one side of this election.  Neither is surprising, and both are wrong.”
Long added, “Senator Gillibrand has a history of ‘shorting’ America, but did she short the taxpayers too?  The New York Times doesn’t care.”
Kirsten Gillibrand’s 2010 tax return  shows that she purchased 80 “shares” of Sears Holding Corp. (“Sears”) for $22,780 on January 12, 2010.  Her return shows that the 80 “shares” were sold on June 21, 2010 for $23,980.  This is impossible.
 
The stock price on January 12, 2010 (purchase date) had a low of $97.67 per share and on June 21, 2010 (sale date) it was a high of $77.80 per share.  Details fromYahoo Finance on the Sears stock prices are shown below:
Date
Open
High
Low
Close
Volume
Adj Close
6/21/2010
77.03
77.8
74.06
74.65
1837300
74.65
1/12/2010
98.79
100.95
97.67
100.43
3599600
100.43
If Gillibrand purchased 80 “shares” of the stock for $22,780 on January 12, 2010, it would have meant that the value of the stock was $284.75 per share.  Based on the data reflected in the chart above, that is impossible.
In January, The New York Times used opposition research provided by the Gillibrand in a high profile article on a potential opponent. But when provided with a simple and clear trade that was impossible to occur, the Times refused to even investigate, much less report on the matter.
Concluded Long, “Senator Gillibrand should explain her error and provide all her taxes and backup data to an independent entity, not her brother, for a full review since it’s clear that either through ignorance or intent they aren’t compliant with the law.”

Permalink Leave a Comment

Bombshell Report: Obama Administration Was Warned of Embassy Attack and Did Nothing

September 14, 2012 at 9:00 am (Benghazi, Cario, Chris Stevens, Christopher Stevens, Egypt, Embassy, Intelligence, Libya, Marines, President Obama, Sean Smith, Shawn Turner, Terrorism, The Independent)

According to reports from the British newspaper the Independent, the Obama administration was warned of potential attacks on U.S. embassies on the anniversary of 9/11 – and did nothing to stop them.

This, combined with the allegations that our Marines in Cairo were handcuffed on orders that they could not use ‘live ammunition’, makes the President’s failures in handling this situation even more dumbfounding.

The killings of the US ambassador to Libya and three of his staff were likely to have been the result of a serious and continuing security breach, The Independent can reveal.

American officials believe the attack was planned, but Chris Stevens had been back in the country only a short while and the details of his visit to Benghazi, where he and his staff died, were meant to be confidential.

The US administration is now facing a crisis in Libya. Sensitive documents have gone missing from the consulate in Benghazi and the supposedly secret location of the “safe house” in the city, where the staff had retreated, came under sustained mortar attack. Other such refuges across the country are no longer deemed “safe”.

Some of the missing papers from the consulate are said to list names of Libyans who are working with Americans, putting them potentially at risk from extremist groups, while some of the other documents are said to relate to oil contracts.

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and “lockdown”, under which movement is severely restricted.

The White House is denying allegations that they had warning of a planned attack on the embassies (h/t Hot Air).

The Obama administration is flatly denying a blaring British newspaper report that the U.S. diplomats in Libya were killed as a result of a “continuing security breach,” and that “credible information” about possible attacks had been ignored.

A U.S. official told POLITICO: “There’s no intelligence indicating that the attack in Benghazi was premeditated.”…

Shawn Turner, spokesman for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, emailed: “This is absolutely wrong. We are not aware of any actionable intelligence indicating that an attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi was planned or imminent.”

Of course, they’re parsing words by specifically denying that their was intelligence on the attack in Benghazi. The Independent’s report simply states that their was credible evidence of an attack on ‘American missions’.  Henceforth, security should have been heightened in all American interests abroad.  But it wasn’t.

Further, their are actual indications that diplomats in Libya knew that something was afoot.  As we reported Wednesday, one of the diplomats killed in the attack, Sean Smith, had expressed concerns for his safety through an online gaming forum.

But there was also a statement from Smith that seemed to hint that something was being planned against the Libyan embassy.

“We saw one of our ‘police’ that guard the compound taking pictures.”

Those actions prompted Smith to wonder about future conversations with his fellow gamers:

“Assuming we don’t die tonight.” 

Those same police forces according to the Independent all scattered when the attacks began:

According to security sources the consulate had been given a “health check” in preparation for any violence connected to the 9/11 anniversary. In the event, the perimeter was breached within 15 minutes of an angry crowd starting to attack it at around 10pm on Tuesday night. There was, according to witnesses, little defence put up by the 30 or more local guards meant to protect the staff. Ali Fetori, a 59-year-old accountant who lives near by, said: “The security people just all ran away and the people in charge were the young men with guns and bombs.”

Wissam Buhmeid, the commander of the Tripoli government-sanctioned Libya’s Shield Brigade, effectively a police force for Benghazi, maintained that it was anger over the Mohamed video which made the guards abandon their post. “There were definitely people from the security forces who let the attack happen because they were themselves offended by the film; they would absolutely put their loyalty to the Prophet over the consulate. The deaths are all nothing compared to insulting the Prophet.”

There seems to be little doubt that the guards assigned to protect the embassy were involved in this coordinated attack.  When the signal was given, they abandoned our men and women inside that embassy, leaving them to die.

The President has a lot of explaining to do – just as soon as he can tear himself away from those seemingly more important campaign fundraisers.

Permalink Leave a Comment

Comic Relief: Concerned Citizen on Media – You’re ‘Suck Ups’ with Your ‘Embroidered Knee Pads’

September 14, 2012 at 7:20 am (Embroidered Knee Pads, Mainstream Media, Media, Media Bias, Middle East, Suck Ups, Virginia, Washington DC)

A local 9 News station in the Northern Virginia and DC areas asked the locals what they thought about media coverage of recent events in the Middle East.

One woman’s response may stand as the best ever:

“I think you’ve been suck ups…I think you’ve got your embroidered knee pads from the White House, buddy. That’s what I think.”

Watch the video here…

Permalink Leave a Comment