Uh Oh … Guess Who Really Shot First and Aimed Later? (Hint – It Wasn’t Mitt Romney)

September 29, 2012 at 2:50 pm (2012 Election, Ambassador Stevens, Cover Up, Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, Libya, Mitt Romney, President Obama)

Remember way back on September 12th when the President accused Mitt Romney of having “a tendency to shoot first and aim later”?  That criticism was in response to a Romney campaign statement in which the Republican candidate criticized the administration for ‘not condemn(ing) attacks on our diplomatic missions’.  The thinking was that Romney had inappropriately injected politics into a national tragedy.

Turns out he was actually just injecting a bit of reality into a national tragedy.

Since that time, we have learned that the White House knew the attacks were not spontaneous protests, that they were indeed acts of terrorism, and they had been carried out by Al Qaeda affiliates.

Fox News reports:

An intelligence source on the ground in Libya told Fox News that no threat assessment was conducted before U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team began “taking up residence” at the Benghazi compound — describing the security lapses as a “total failure.”

The claim comes more than two weeks after Stevens and three other Americans were killed in what is now being described officially as a terror attack possibly tied to Al Qaeda.

The source told Fox News that there was no real security equipment installed in the villas on the compound except for a few video cameras.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst, the intelligence source said the security lapses were a 10 — a “total failure” because Benghazi was known to be a major area for extremist activity.

A total failure that led to four murders.

Now, the Director of National Intelligence James Clapper is trying to take the fall for the White House…

The office of the United States’ top intelligence official appeared to take the blame Friday for the Obama administration’s changing narrative on the U.S. Consulate attack in Libya, saying administration officials who initially claimed the attack was spontaneous did so based on intelligence officials’ guidance. 

The statement by Shawn Turner, spokesman for Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, was put out late Friday — at the close of a tumultuous week for the Obama administration over the Libya attack. 

The problem here is that even if National Intelligence was incorrect in their initial sentiments, they realized their error within 24 hours, something which the White House was also knew about.

Turner, though, sought to explain that officials who discussed the attack as spontaneous did so based on intelligence community assessments.

“In the immediate aftermath, there was information that led us to assess that the attack began spontaneously following protests earlier that day at our embassy in Cairo,” he said. “We provided that initial assessment to Executive Branch officials and members of Congress, who used that information to discuss the attack publicly and provide updates as they became available. Throughout our investigation we continued to emphasize that information gathered was preliminary and evolving.”

However, sources have told Fox News that intelligence officials knew within 24 hours the attack that left the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans dead was terrorism, and that they suspected it was tied to Al Qaeda.

It’s unclear, then, why the intelligence community told Executive Branch officials it was spontaneous.

To believe this version of events is to believe that the Director of National Intelligence knew within 24 hours that the United States had just suffered a terrorist attack with casualties on the anniversary of 9/11, and he still lied to his own superiors by telling them it was spontaneous.  Absurd!  If that were even vaguely true, then the President would have no choice but to ask for Clapper’s immediate resignation.

And again, the Obama administration continued lying to the American people for several days after the fact, culminating with the President’s speech to the U.N. two weeks later, in which he still gave credence to the idea that a protest of an anti-Muslim video is what caused the attacks.

The media should be apologizing to Mitt Romney for the heat he took after condemning the administration’s response to the attacks.  President Obama should apologize for saying Romney shoots first and aims later.

18 days after the attack the President is still shooting and has yet to aim.

Will the cover up continue until election day, or will the President be forced to admit the scandal?

And will the American people fire this man in November?

Permalink Leave a Comment

Weekend Recess: Students Produce Viral ‘We Are Hungry’ Video In Response to Obama Administrations Lunch Rules

September 29, 2012 at 10:53 am (Anthony Mancuso, Health Hunger-Free Kids Act, High School, Let's Move, Lunch, Michelle Obama, New Jersey, Nicholas Caccavale, Parsippany Hills, Viral Video, We Are Hungry, We Are Young)

Yesterday, students from a New Jersey high school were planning a cafeteria protest against the Obama administration’s new lunch guidelines which include smaller portions at higher prices.

Instead of purchasing their lunch in the cafeteria, many students at Parsippany Hills High School are brown-bagging it – upset over smaller portions and higher prices.

“We’re asking everybody not to buy lunch or anything from the cafeteria,” student Brandon Faris told the Parsippany Patch.

Faris, a 17-year-old senior and junior Nicholas Caccavale, organized the strike and more than 1,000 of their classmates have joined a Facebook page to protest the federal guidelines.

“Nothing from the snack line, no water, no cookie – not a dime will be spent in the cafeteria.

The smaller portions are a part of the Obama administration’s Health Hunger-Free Kids Act – and local school districts across the nation are required to follow the federal mandates.

“We have to follow the law,” Board of Education member Anthony Mancuso told the Parsippany Patch.

Caccavale told Fox News that there is less food and it’s costing kids more money.

Even better, another group of students have posted a parody of the popular song ‘We Are Young’ titled, ‘We Are Hungry’.  The song pokes fun at the lunch regulations put in place by First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign against childhood obesity.

Best part of the video?  The kids t-shirt that says “I Love Beef”.

It’s pretty funny … Enjoy:

Permalink Leave a Comment

Muslims Protest ‘Speech That Hurts’ – Yes, In the Same City Where Muslims Were Filmed Violently Assaulting Christians

September 29, 2012 at 9:15 am (Arab Festival, Arab-American News, Cairo, Christians, Dearborn, Egypt, Football, Free Speech, Innocence of Muslims, Michigan, Muslims, Obama Administration, Osama Siblani)

The question here is which hurts more – words, or violent actions?  The old sticks and stones argument…

Arab-American News publisher Osama Siblani rallied Muslim activists in Dearborn, Michigan yesterday, in an attempt to drum up support for ‘blasphemy laws’ that would fundamentally destroy the right of free speech in our country.  The group claims that the laws are necessary so as not to hurt the “religious feelings of Muslims”.

Not coincidentally, the group is clearly taking the lead of the Obama administration by calling for these laws in response to an anti-Muslim video – a video that only the administration has focused on, and a video we now know had absolutely nothing to do with the violence currently sweeping the Middle East.

In fact, it is so apparent that this group is channeling the Obama administration, that they are quoting the now famous apology issued by the U.S. Embassy in Egypt, in which they too denounced ‘hurt(ing) the religious beliefs of others’.

Via the Michigan View:

Led by a newspaper publisher, Muslim activists will call for putting limits on American free speech at a Dearborn rally this evening. You can’t make this stuff up.

Nearly a decade after Dearborn’s streets celebrated America for bringing down Saddam Hussein and opening a door to democracy in the Mideast, the same city will be the epicenter today of calls to squelch free speech. Protesting the film, “Innocence of Muslims,” that has sparked protests in the Mideast, rally organizer Tarek Baydoun says that so-called blasphemy laws are necessary to prevent speech that hurts the “the religious feelings of Muslims.”

This assault on the First Amendment in the name of the prophet Mohammed is a sad day in America – and confirms fears that Muslim-American activists do not understand the fundamental separation of church and state in the American Constitution.

“There is a need for deterrent legal measures against those individuals or groups that want to damage relations between people, spread hate and incite violence,” said Arab-American News publisher Osama Siblani, a self-proclaimed “moderate” who is apparently oblivious to how gutting the First Amendment would affect his own business.

It is always astounding how people who protest alleged hate speech can’t ever seem to grasp the fact that the violence is always a more abhorrent action than the speech itself.  They do not condemn protesters who burn our embassies.  They do not rally against those who murder our diplomats.  They simply and repeatedly condemn free speech.

It is particularly ironic in this case, since a group of Muslims, also from Dearborn, Michigan, were filmed violently throwing bottles, stones, and anything else they could find at Christians this past summer.

Jihad Watch reports:

During the 2012 Arab International Festival held this past June in Dearborn, Michigan, a group of Christian evangelists were pelted with stones, bottles, and debris by Muslim youths while deputies from the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office stood idly by, allowing the criminal assault to take place. Many of the Christians were bloodied by the attack. When Ruben Israel, the leader of the Christian group, asked the law enforcement officers present to step in and enforce the criminal law so that the Christians could exercise their right to freedom of speech, Israel was given the option of either leaving the festival or facing arrest….

Here is the video:

Dearborn is also the location where four Muslim football players beat a Christian quarterback during a football game.

Violent beatings?  Check.  
Throwing stones at Christians until they are bloodied?  Check.  
Free speech?  NO!
Christians exercising their right to free speech in the United States of America are attacked.  Our diplomats in the Middle East – murdered.  And now, free speech is under assault.  
And the Obama administration is playing into all of it.  The President should spend less time apologizing for America, and start apologizing too America.

Permalink Leave a Comment