Nothing says ‘entitlement attitude’ quite like the demand for a bailout in exchange for an election victory. But that’s what Detroit City Councilwoman JoAnn Watson is proposing, essentially telling the President that he owes the city, and he needs to provide them “with some bacon”.
The city of Detroit faces a major financial crisis and one member of city council thinks President Barack Obama should step in and help.
City Council member JoAnn Watson said Tuesday the citizens support of Obama in last month’s election was enough reason for the president to bailout the struggling the city.
“Our people in an overwhelming way supported the re-election of this president and there ought to be a quid pro quo and you ought to exercise leadership on that,” said Watson. “Of course, not just that, but why not?”
Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.
“After the election of Jimmy Carter, the honorable Coleman Alexander Young, he went to Washington, D.C. He came home with some bacon,” said Watson. “That’s what you do.”
Watch the video below…
This person had a pretty exciting day yesterday…
A man was resuscitated back to life on Monday after he stopped breathing while trying to vote.
Via the Detroit News:
Sometimes dead men really do get to vote.
Ty Houston, 48, a home care registered nurse, was toiling on his absentee ballot Monday afternoon when things got strange at township offices on 13 Mile.
“I was filling out the form as were an elderly couple sitting at a nearby table,” said Houston on Tuesday. “His wife, who was helping him fill out the ballot, asked him a couple of questions but he didn’t respond. She screamed for help and I went over to see what I could do.”
Houston laid the victim on the floor and went to work.
“He was dead,” Houston said. “He had no heartbeat and he wasn’t breathing. I started CPR, and after a few minutes, he revived and started breathing again. He knew his name and his wife’s name.”
What happened next astounded Houston and the victim’s wife.
“The first question he asked was ‘Did I vote?'”
Had he actually died he probably would have voted for Obama twice.
Regardless of your politics, if somebody calls 911 and says that a man at a polling station has told you to leave because he has a gun, is it not mandatory that the police arrive as soon as possible to check on the situation?
Not in Detroit apparently…
First, there was this tweet from Election Journal:
This morning, a legally credentialed poll watcher was threatened and intimidated while attempting to perform his legally allowed duties of observing the election process at precinct polling location 289 in Detroit.
The poll watcher, a lawyer, was confronted by a voter in line, who demanded the poll watcher produce his credentials, which he did.
However, the voter said that wasn’t good enough and that he had “a badge and a gun” and told the poll watcher get out of the precinct.
Rather than allow the situation to escalate, the poll watcher left before the voter produced a badge or brandished a gun.
Fearing for his safety, the poll watcher exited and called 911, however the Detroit Police refused to respond to the call – neglecting the fact that a voter alleged to have a ‘badge’ and a ‘gun’ in a precinct, putting other voters at risk.
Let’s see. A man threatens a voter with a badge and gun. Said voter calls more men with badges and guns. They don’t respond. Why? Was the first man allegedly holding a badge and gun professionally related to the other men with badges and guns?
Let’s hope the one doing the threatening wasn’t actually a police officer.
Muslims Protest ‘Speech That Hurts’ – Yes, In the Same City Where Muslims Were Filmed Violently Assaulting Christians
The question here is which hurts more – words, or violent actions? The old sticks and stones argument…
Arab-American News publisher Osama Siblani rallied Muslim activists in Dearborn, Michigan yesterday, in an attempt to drum up support for ‘blasphemy laws’ that would fundamentally destroy the right of free speech in our country. The group claims that the laws are necessary so as not to hurt the “religious feelings of Muslims”.
Not coincidentally, the group is clearly taking the lead of the Obama administration by calling for these laws in response to an anti-Muslim video – a video that only the administration has focused on, and a video we now know had absolutely nothing to do with the violence currently sweeping the Middle East.
In fact, it is so apparent that this group is channeling the Obama administration, that they are quoting the now famous apology issued by the U.S. Embassy in Egypt, in which they too denounced ‘hurt(ing) the religious beliefs of others’.
Via the Michigan View:
Led by a newspaper publisher, Muslim activists will call for putting limits on American free speech at a Dearborn rally this evening. You can’t make this stuff up.
Nearly a decade after Dearborn’s streets celebrated America for bringing down Saddam Hussein and opening a door to democracy in the Mideast, the same city will be the epicenter today of calls to squelch free speech. Protesting the film, “Innocence of Muslims,” that has sparked protests in the Mideast, rally organizer Tarek Baydoun says that so-called blasphemy laws are necessary to prevent speech that hurts the “the religious feelings of Muslims.”
This assault on the First Amendment in the name of the prophet Mohammed is a sad day in America – and confirms fears that Muslim-American activists do not understand the fundamental separation of church and state in the American Constitution.
“There is a need for deterrent legal measures against those individuals or groups that want to damage relations between people, spread hate and incite violence,” said Arab-American News publisher Osama Siblani, a self-proclaimed “moderate” who is apparently oblivious to how gutting the First Amendment would affect his own business.
It is always astounding how people who protest alleged hate speech can’t ever seem to grasp the fact that the violence is always a more abhorrent action than the speech itself. They do not condemn protesters who burn our embassies. They do not rally against those who murder our diplomats. They simply and repeatedly condemn free speech.
It is particularly ironic in this case, since a group of Muslims, also from Dearborn, Michigan, were filmed violently throwing bottles, stones, and anything else they could find at Christians this past summer.
Jihad Watch reports:
During the 2012 Arab International Festival held this past June in Dearborn, Michigan, a group of Christian evangelists were pelted with stones, bottles, and debris by Muslim youths while deputies from the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office stood idly by, allowing the criminal assault to take place. Many of the Christians were bloodied by the attack. When Ruben Israel, the leader of the Christian group, asked the law enforcement officers present to step in and enforce the criminal law so that the Christians could exercise their right to freedom of speech, Israel was given the option of either leaving the festival or facing arrest….
Here is the video:
The video below, courtesy of United West, is stunning…
It appears as though a group of Christians staged a protest outside the 2012 Dearborn Arab Festival, and that protest turned ugly. Those holding signs are seen being physically assaulted with bottles, eggs, stones, crates and several other objects. The police, rather than diffusing the situation, turned the other way as things escalated.
The video is over 22 minutes long, and a majority of the swearing and violence seems to come from younger American Muslims. While the video is shorter, the editors claim the assault took roughly 30 minutes before the police stepped in – to exchange words with the Christian group. After the exchange, the hostile group continued their assault.
After the second barrage, the police instruct the Christian group to leave despite their assertion that they have a right to be there.
First Amendment anyone? What is the police and media reaction if this were a group of Occupiers being assaulted?
If this extremely disturbing video does not result in a Federal investigation into the human rights violations of those Christians physically attacked at the 2012 Dearborn Arab Festival then we are watching the beginning of a new America, a MUSLIM AMERICA.
In this new America, a MUSLIM AMERICA, shariah-compliant Muslims have succeeded in striking fear into the hearts of the infidels. In the case of the Dearborn Arab Festival, you will see that the infidels are NOT the few, brave Christians who withstood the physical attacks by the blood-thirsty Muslims, but the fearful are those who have taken an oath to protect Americans. The fearful, are the Dearborn Sheriff and Police. Sadly, you will see the Police fearful of confronting the criminals and enforcing the law as they stand by watching “Muslims Gone Wild,” attack the helpless Christians.
The United West predicts that success of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt combined with the mounting fury of the “Arab Spring,” coupled with the support of President Obama will result in an expansive, “strong-horse” onslaught of Muslim physical aggression, similar to this Dearborn disaster, all across the new, MUSLIM AMERICA.
This is the stuff of parallel universes…
Former government attorneys and defense experts fear that foreign terrorists could capitalize on a new House proposal that would afford them full protection under the U.S. legal system, potentially spurring a domestic influx of would-be terrorists who may seek to exploit the legal loophole.
The amendment, spearheaded by Reps. Justin Amash (R., Mich.) and Adam Smith (D., Wash), would implement an unprecedented reversal in longstanding U.S. policy by requiring that terrorists be prosecuted in civilian courts—a shift that would also allow them to be housed among general inmates in American prisons.
The amendment would prevent the president from effectively fighting the war on terror, thereby posing a serious threat to the country’s national security, experts warn.
“In order to be able to successfully fight and win this war, we need to support the notion that this is a real war,” said David Rivkin, who provided legal counsel in the administrations of Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. “Anything that delegitimizes the laws of war is a horrible thing symbolically in terms of undermining a fragile consensus.”
Smith and Amash, Rivkin said, are unraveling a delicate legal balance that permits the president to effectively “fight and win” the war on terror.
Winning the war on terror is clearly not a priority any longer. Keeping things PC with our enemies is job number one.
Our representatives in government are severely undermining their own country, and the men and women who fight on Obama’s behalf.
Islamic Organization With Terror Ties Complains About – and Successfully Shuts Down – Event Celebrating the U.S. Constitution
This is beyond outrageous. Could somebody please explain to the officials running Michiganistan that they still live in America? … for the time being anyway.
Via Christian Newswire:
In the middle of an event to extol the virtues of the U.S. Constitution and “American Laws For American Courts,” the audience learned first-hand how easy it is to lose their freedom of Speech and Assembly.
Amid shouts of “What about free speech?” from the audience, the Allegan Police Department ordered the event shut-down. School officials notified police that they had received a letter complaining about the event from Dawud Walid, Executive Director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-MI). The letter asked the school to disallow the event despite an existing contract. CAIR was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorism funding trial in U. S. history, U.S. v. Holy Land Foundation.
As a result, the Thomas More Law Center (TMLC), a national public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, announced today that the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR- MI), its Executive Director, the City of Allegan, the Allegan Police Department and the School District were named as defendants in a thirty-four page civil rights lawsuit filed in the Federal District Court for the Western District of Michigan, this morning. The claims included constitutional and contract violations. Click here for copy of federal complaint.
Richard Thompson, President and Chief Counsel of the Law Center commented, “It’s amazing how much clout CAIR has with the political establishment of both parties in Lansing and throughout Michigan and the nation. This, despite the fact that CAIR has its roots in the Muslim Brotherhood, was listed as an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation trial, and the FBI’s former chief of counterterrorism, noted that CAIR, its leaders, and its activities effectively give aid to international terrorist groups.”
This isn’t some paranoid right-wing entity that ties every Islamic organization to terrorism. CAIR’s ties to terrorist organizations are real and tangible.
Here is an excerpt from my report on the New York Times and the wrongfully discredited film, the Third Jihad.
Oddly enough, the strongest opposition has been from groups such as CAIR, a prime example of the organizations that are actually exposed in the film. Ryan Mauro points out that the ones trying to silence the film and who oppose its use as training material in law enforcement are the same ones who stand to lose the most from the films portrayal of radical Islam.
“What amazes me is how The New York Times and other outlets seem to treat CAIR as an objective source,” Mauro said. “We expose how CAIR and its allies grew out of the Muslim Brotherhood and the federal government has provided evidence tying them to Hamas—of course they are going to try to discredit us.”
Indeed, CAIR was one of three prominent Islamic organizations that were named as an ‘unindicted co-conspirator’ in a case alleging criminal conspiracy to support the Palestinian Arab terrorist group, Hamas. A report in The New York Sun documented this, while including the following statement:
“CAIR, in particular, has faced persistent claims that it is soft on terrorism. Critics note that several former CAIR officials have been convicted or deported after being charged with fraud, embargo violations, or aiding terrorist training. Spokesmen for the group have also raised eyebrows for offering generic denunciations of terrorism but refusing to condemn by name specific Islamic terrorist groups such as Hamas or Hezbollah.”
Yet the group had little trouble calling out the New York Police Department, their commissioner Ray Kelly, the mayor of New York, and the filmmakers specifically by name when denouncing something critical of CAIR itself.
That same Sun report, however, featured FBI officials that still felt the designation of co-conspirator was not warranted. A mere two years later though, they had come to the realization that CAIR’s relationship to Hamas was real, severing its once-close ties to the organization, and labeling them as nothing more than a front for the terrorist group. Executive Director of CAIR, Nihad Awad, was shown to have participated in planning meetings with the Holy Land Foundation, five officials of which were convicted in December of funneling $12.4 million to Hamas. Not only is Hamas an official U.S.-designated terrorist group, according to the Investigative Project on Terrorism, but it is illegal to provide support for it within the United States.
Ironically, the opening to that report seems appropriate for this new situation in Michigan.
Imagine a nation bound so tightly to the throws of the politically correct, that it can no longer defend itself. A nation so overcome with fear, that the common sense act of targeting the most likely terrorists is no longer considered an acceptable practice. Imagine an entire nation transformed from the basic understanding that it is at war with radicals willing to launch themselves as missiles into twin towers, to having the discussion turned completely on its head, to the point where even talking about that enemy is deemed taboo.
Thanks to the … brazen demands of terror-linked groups, America no longer has to imagine. We’re living it.
We’re living it indeed. The Constitution takes second place to the demands of a terror-linked Islamic organization. How easily we have forgotten that America comes first, and CAIR does not represent America’s best interests – they represent their own.
King Midas is at it again. Everything he touches (the Volt, the entire U.S. economy) turns to a steaming pile of…
From the Detroit Free-Press:
General Motors has told 1,300 employees at its Detroit Hamtramck that they will be temporarily laid off for five weeks as the company halts production of the Chevrolet Volt and its European counterpart, the Opel Ampera.
“Even with sales up in February over January, we are still seeking to align our production with demand,” said GM spokesman Chris Lee.
Lee said employees were told Thursday that production would put on hold from March 19 to April 23.
The Chevrolet Volt, an extended-range electric car, is both a political lightning rod and a symbol of the company’s technological capability.
Chevrolet sold 1,023 Volts in the U.S. in February and has sold 1,626 so far this year.
Flashback to earlier this week…
From Weasel Zippers:
No Joke: Obama Vows To Buy a Chevy Volt … In Five Years…
In other words, he plans to buy a used Chevy Volt in five years because that POS isn’t going to make it.
President Obama, speaking to a raucous crowd of United Auto Workers, vowed to buy a Chevrolet Volt electric car in “five years” — just as soon as his presidency is over.
“I got to get inside a brand-new Chevy Volt fresh off the line,” Obama said about a recent visit to a Detroit Chevy factory. “Even though Secret Service wouldn’t let me drive it. But I liked sitting in it. It was nice. I’ll bet it drives real good. And five years from now when I’m not president anymore, I’ll buy one and drive it myself.”
The Volt is a plug-in hybrid electric car first demoed by Chevy in 2007.
Obama Lite… I mean, Mitt Romney is projected to sweep tonight’s primary battles. Just kidding, Mittens fans.
Via NBC Politics:
Mitt Romney won the Michigan Republican primary on Tuesday, staving off Rick Santorum in the state where Romney was born and raised and avoiding an embarrassing setback for his campaign.
NBC News projected that Romney would win the Michigan primary, along with another primary that took place on Tuesday in Arizona.
Romney and Rick Santorum awaited final results Tuesday evening following a tumultuous three weeks that had both candidates fighting for momentum in the Republican nomination contest.
Most of the attention was focused on Michigan, where the results could prove to be a turning point in the race.
Michigan will result in a splitting of the state’s 30 delegates. CNN reports:
The state’s 30 delegates will be allocated on a proportional basis, and Romney and Santorum each won three so far, according to the early returns.
Fox describes it as such:
Romney’s victory may not settle those questions, but it prevents a major embarrassment going into Super Tuesday on March 6, when 10 states hold primaries worth hundreds of delegates.
That’s Romney in a nutshell. No convincing victories, just doing enough to stave off embarrassment.